- Section 1. All campaigns for President and Members of the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate shall be financed entirely with public funds. No contributions shall be permitted to any candidate for Federal office from any other source, including the candidate.
- Section 2. No expenditures shall be permitted in support of any candidate for Federal office, or in opposition to any candidate for Federal office, from any other source, including the candidate. Nothing in this Section shall be construed to abridge the freedom of the press.
- Section 3. The Congress shall, by statute, provide limitations on the amounts and timing of the expenditures of such public funds.
- Section 4. The Congress shall, by statute, provide criminal penalties for any violation of this Article.
- Section 5. The Congress shall have the power to implement and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
Read more: http://www.politicolnews.com/kucinich-amendment-to-stop-election-corruption/#ixzz1kTCCyapP