MainLinePeaceAction

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Letter To "Inky"

 
 
  •  
  • 15 Apr 2013
  • The Philadelphia Inquirer

Bang-bang not best for U.S. bucks

Commentator John M. Rosenberg’s depiction of the Afghan National Army as illiterate kindergartners staffing a sham force was disturbing and disappointing (“Afghan forces, a study in contrasts,” April 3). If this is what you can buy for a trillion dollars, I want my money back.
And then, I want a fully funded Postal Service that does not bill pension funds in advance to make the service look like a loser. I want a Medicare system that allows it to bargain with drug companies on prescription prices now accelerating the system’s financial and actuarial problems. I want a fully funded and staffed Interstate Commerce Commission to break up banks and horizontal monopolies, which have become the trusts of the 21st century. In other words, put America to work on America.
Ben Burrows, Elkins Park

No comments:

Post a Comment